Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"This life we are given is precious, it is almost selfish to settle for mediocrity"

Here is some stream-of-conscious writing for you.

And with this time I am given here on Earth, I want to use it to its full potential.

I want to stuff it with things of meaning. I do not want to waste my time with things that are meaningless.

And I also want to practice rest. Rest in my heart, mind, and soul. I want to learn how to breathe in the message. I want to be at peace.

I would also like to find out what my passion is. Not just the things I like to do in my spare time, but my PASSION. I'm in college, and yeah I am just a freshman, but what is it that would make me look forward to getting up in the morning? What makes me tick? I'm uncertain that I have found it yet, but environmental science is what I have found thus far.

The year 2011 is going to mark a new time for me. I am not going to hold back. I'm going to go after that desired GPA, I am going to "rush", I am going to apply to be a counselor, I am going to volunteer at the church, I AM GOING TO LEARN HOW TO REST!! I want to fill my time in college with things that are good for the soul.

I AM GOING TO GO DANCING!! Those poor cowboy boots are just crying to be danced in.

And I am going to look those strapping young men in the eye and dance with them. And I will have fun. No alcohol needed.

When I kiss the next someone, when I let someone in, it will be for me and in the moment, not to aid in getting over another or any other like agenda. It will be real. It will happen when the time is right. When I am ready.

I am going to go after these things, and what happens after that is God's will. I will trust him.

I feel that we are sometimes called to take that first step, and then God does the rest. Maybe??

Haha what do I know about that, I need to read my bible.

.....

Whew.




This one was definitely more for me than anything. Thanks for bearing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to livilou4us Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones